A fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery, Dr. Pflum earned his undergraduate degree at Georgetown University, Washington, DC and his M.D. from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
Dr. Pflum is an experienced orthopedic surgeon who has always done spine surgery as part of his practice. He has also performed thousands of arthroscopic procedures. Most spinal surgeons have relatively little experience with arthroscopy.
This unusual combination makes Dr. Pflum uniquely qualified for this revoluntionary breakthrough in spinal surgery. Dr. Pflum has now performed hundreds of cervical and hundreds of lumbar endoscopic procedures. He also continues to perform arthrosopic surgery of the shoulder and the knee.
Dr. Pflum has a publication on Cervical Spine Arthroscopy in the May 2008 Journal of Arthroscopy and has recently given a paper on Cervical Spine Arthroscopy in France to the International Intradiscal Therapy Society.
B.S., Georgetown University, D.C.
M.D., University of Medicine & Dentistry, N.J.
St. Vincent’s Hospital & Medical Center, New York, N.Y.
Captain, United States Army
Surgical Resident, St. Vincent’s Hospital & Medical Center, New York, N.Y.
Orthopedic Resident, College of Medicine & Dentistry, New Jersey
Orthopedic Resident, New York Medical College, New York, N.Y.
Chief Orthopedic Resident, New York Medical College
Berg Orthopedic Fellow, Tufts University, Boston
Pediatric Orthopedic Fellowship, New England Medical Center Hospital
Diplomat of American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Fellow of American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery
Clinical Assistant Professor, New York Medical College
2011: Present Clara Maas Hospital, Belleville, NJ
1988–2005: St. Vincent’s Hospital, New York, N.Y.
2008–2010: Chief of Orthopedic Surgery, Meadowlands Hospital
2004–Present: Meadowlands Hospital and Medical Center, Secaucus, N.J.
1994–1997: Chief Orthopedic Trauma & Pediatric Orthopedic Hospital, New York, N.Y. Metropolitan Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon , St. Vincent’s Hospital & Medical Center, NY
1987–2011: Chairman, New York Fire Department Pension Fund-New York Fire Department
1980–2010: Cabrini Medical Center, New York, N.Y.
2006: International Intradiscal Therapy Society
2006: North American Spine Society
1999: International Society of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology
1982: Fellow American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeon
• 2008: Pflum, F.; Selby, R.; Vizzone, J.; Arthroscopic Anterior Discectomy of the Cervical Spine The Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Research, May 2008
• 2007: Pflum, F.; Ciccone, A.; Vizzone, J.; The Use of Motorized Instruments in Cervical Spine Arthroscopy. llTS Albi, France, June 2007
• 1996: F. Pflum and J. Vizzone: Ruptured Pyogenic Popliteal Cysts in Patients with Lyme Disease: pp 230-232 Contemporary Surgery, October 1996 Volume 49
• 1995: J. Henry and F. Pflum Jr.: Arthroscopic Proximal Patella Realignment and Stabilization
• 1995: Arthroscopy: The Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Research, Volume 11. No. 4 (Aug) 1995:pp 424-425
• 1992: Clinical Orthopedics- Mian, S.;Truchly, G.; Pflum, F.; Computed Tomography Measurements of Acetebular Cup Anteversion and Retroversion in Total Hip Arthoplasty Clinical Orthopedic 276: 206-209, 1992
• The First Outstanding Teaching Award Osteopathic Orthopedic Residents Peninsula Hospital Center Consortium-1995
• Outstanding Teaching Award Osteopathic Orthopedic Residents
• Peninsula Hospital Center Consortium-2002
United States Patent. No. US 8,226,722 B2. July 24, 2012. SAC for y use in Spinal Surgery